- Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Development
- Records Management.
The objectives of the Department of Human Resources and Administration include the following:
- To effectively and efficiently manage and develop human resources in order to implement the Ministry’s mandate.
- To effectively provide and manage human, financial, administrative and logistical support services in order to enhance individual and organizational performance and operations.
Functions of the Department
The Department has the following functions:
- Effectively manage and develop Human Resources for efficient and effective performance of the Ministry,
- Establish and maintain an efficient consultative mechanism with all the departments and their institutions, for improved flow of information,
- Improve efficient and effective provision of administrative and logistical support services for enhanced performance.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information to both the public and cooperating Partners about the operations of the Ministry.
The structure of the Department is illustrated below:
Human Resource Management Unit
The Unit is responsible for recruitment, placement, promotion, transfers, discipline, retirements and the interpretation of policies and conditions of services.
Human Resource Development Unit
The Unit is responsible for Training and Development of Members of Staff.
The Unit is responsible for provision of:
- Administrative, secretarial and security support services;
- Office accommodation;
- Maintenance of offices and surroundings;
- Maintenance of office equipment; and
- Transport management for smooth operation of the Ministry.
Records Management Unit
The Unit is responsible for classification, storage and retrieval of administrative and personnel records in the Ministry in order to enhance the effective and efficient decision-making process.